Tuesday 18 September 2012

Hi all...... I know I know, I've left you all hanging ... days and days without a post. And for that I am sorry. Suzan's class has been absolutely jam packed with new techniques and processes and I have been scrambling to learn them all. It's funny although I am no expert at many glass techniques I do feel I have a good understanding of a great number of them but glass painting is not one of them ..... I feel that I have really been starting from scratch ....... learning about all the different kinds of glass enamels, all the mediums that can be mixed with them ... a few that can't .... or shouldn't .... how to layer and fire the enamels, what the difference is between glass enamels and glass paints, whether is should be displayed in reflected or transmitted light .... and on and on .... It has really been fantastic. and I am going to upload a heap of pictures for you all to see and try walk you though some of what we have been learning...... but first I just wanted to post some pics of Suzannah Vaughan's work. 

I had meant to get them up earlier but ....... anyway Suzannah was the excellent teaching assistant for the Angela Jarman class and she makes beautiful cast glass and concrete work as well as installation based works....... Here is a little preview .... and to see some more ... which I would recommend, you could just follow these links: 

www.saatchionline.com/SuzannahVaughan
www.craftinireland.com/events/details/suzannah-vaughan-tracing-form/












No comments:

Post a Comment